Saturday, May 2, 2009

Prep Day at the Jansen Studio

Well, the drive yesterday, was long, boring and most importantly uneventful. Whew. Between the Tom Tom and the mapquest instructions that Blake downloaded from me I made it in about 9 1/2 hours driving...Blake did, however, mess with the TomTom settings and set the voice for something I think was called "British rude guy" LOL...yup, he is rude..."turn left...idiot" is one of his endearments to me and also "you're here, you've arrived...what a bloody miracle! Now get out of the car and get me out of this tiny box!" LOL Yup, he got me....not sure how to prank my dear hubby back...but, I'll think of something.

The first day of seminar at the Jansen studio is 'prep day' and it is so much fun! There is absolutely no pressure and we basecoat, trace and visit with our classmates. It is our opportunity to renew old friendships, put faces to names we have met online and meet brand new friends. It is, I think, my favourite day of seminar. It is such a relaxed atmosphere and such a great opportunity for us to bond as classmates before the work begins.

I was so caught up with chatting and painting today that I completely forgot to take photos, so I'll have to make sure that I do that today.

3 comments:

  1. For the record.....
    you changed the voice when we were on our last road trip, well have fun and see you went you get home.

    Blake (with his back against the wall)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia,

    Please get some blackmail photos of Paul that I can use...tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgia - sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Wish I could be there to paint the beautiful Santa and to meet everyone!

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete