Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Morning View

Out my Back Door
Wow, what a way to wake up this morning! I let the dog out to 1/2" of fresh snow...On April 4! What the heck is that all about? My camera didn't really pick it up but, it is snowing in the picture...the really fine, icy kind of snow...the kind that can't decide if it really wants to be snow or rain or hail...Oh well, the raking and tidying up of the dog's 'Land mines" will have to wait for a little while longer....
Let me tell you a little about our dog...ughhh, where to start? She is a 2 1/2 year old Golden Retriever and such a love. The kids named her DimWoof. That is Dragonese for 'dog'. (anyone with kids should take a look at the series of books by Cressida Cowell called How to Train Your Dragon, my kids loved them!) Anyway, she loved the snow. Yesterday it rained so hard and she didn't want to go out at all, today she stood at the open door, sniffed the air for a second and bounded into the backyard and rolled. She is so funny.
I got a fun call from Dave this morning, he is so excited about the paintings he just did for the education manual. They are so great, they made me want to run into the studio and start painting. That's the thing about talking to creative and passionate people, it really feeds my enthusiasm. I really love this industry and I am amazed at how the internet has brought us all together to share a common passion. (I like the word 'passion' so much more than 'addiction'....) If you are on the Teacher's Forum I posted the photos of Dave's paintings there. I think that Martha might be adding them to her blog though, so be sure to check it out. http://jansenartonline.blogspot.com/2009/04/this-weeks-painting.html
Sounds like Dave and Martha are still struggling with jet lag, Dave said something about being up at 4am this morning. Sheesh, I feel so unproductive and guilty for rising at 8:30! LOL, but I'm sure I'll get over it...especially being, that I'm so refreshed and all....giggle....
So, with yard work off the list for today I can focus on inside stuff today...and maybe sneak in some studio time.
George

No comments:

Post a Comment